Pin It button on image hover

Monday, August 2, 2010

August Goals

First let's take a quick gander at July:

1.  Continue Casco and Emily Training: Not barking at passers-by.  Yeah, this should be a successful month...  Yeahhh, this is going to take more than a month.

2.  Make a few batches of pesto.  Just squeezed this one in on the 29th because I was using my basil supply to make this pasta salad.  Here's my favorite pesto recipe for those of you who weren't reading over two years ago.

3.  Post Thomas' (Thomas's?  No clue...doesn't say much for my English major) nursery reveal.   Right here.  And for those of you just dying to know how to make my son's name possessive: My aunt (and educational idol - I followed in her footsteps as far as college degress go) sent me a link that informed me that both forms of possession are correct for Thomas's name, but the double "s" is the preferred form currently.  So Thomas's it is...I think it looks better, too.

4.  Find a fabulous dress for the late summer weddings we're attending.


5.  Plan a great night out for Mr. B and my anniversary.  We dropped Tommy off at my parents' house and went out for Sushi and Pinkberry - we had a fabulous time being out without diaper bags and the Pinkberry was good, but their toppings left something to be desired.

And now for August.  I have one goal.

1.  Savor it.  This is my last full month off with Mr. Thomas before I return to work and I plan to revel in every smile, diaper change, baby squawk, and nighttime feeding.  If I get a few warm meals on the table, run a few miles and teach Casco a skill or two on top of my savoring, I'll be thrilled.

17 comments:

  1. Killer dress you look HAWT!! Look how happy your family is....Thomas is a gorgeous baby,you look radiant and B looks over the moon.

    My last name ends in a Z so I always sign cards the Stiglitz family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look gorgeous in that dress!! and you always talk about me flaunting my family - look at yours! you guys look adorable (especially T!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable family photo. Can't wait to get out to Colorado and meet your son. Hopefully I'll get a trip in before he goes to Kindergarten. Have a great month and savor every minute.
    Love, Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo! Enjoy this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is beautiful--you all look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great month to me! I love that dress - you look fantastic! I also really love Tommy's t t-shirt.

    Perfect goal for August! I try to remind myself to do that every day. Somedays though, it's hard to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have said exactly the same thing about the possessive apostrophe. I go with Jess's for the same reason. And you look great and I love your August goal! And hopefully we can be a part of it! I'll be back in town shortly and then we need to plan dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That family picture is fantastic! You look great! Nice job with the goals. After a wardrobe malfunction at an out of state wedding this weekend, I'll be bring two dresses to all weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work with the goals, especially with a little one around!

    If you find a way to stop the barking at the passersby, let me know... our Great Dane could use a little help in this department.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A. I adore your dress. A-dore. Did you share where it's from? It's killer (at least what I can see).
    B. If you figure out how to keep Casco from barking, please share. Or come to Illinois and help me, Caesar-style.
    C. I love that your aunt sent you the possessive information. I have a walking AP book in the office next to me, which comes in handy when I cannot figure out to to punctuate or capitalize something.

    Happy August!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that is the perfect goal! And like everyone else I love that pic....what a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like an excellent August goal. Enjoy all those baby snuggles! (He's so cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am happy to find it thanks for sharing it here. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the dress -- what a beautiful family photo! And I love your goal for August. I may just have to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, you look stunning!

    And awww, enjoy this next month off w/ your darling Thomas (and his apostrophes--ha! love it)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Em, gorgeous pic of all of you!!! Love your dress - you have a beautiful family :) I agree with savoring August. (At mom above), yes we WILL be out before Tommy goes to kindergarten, hopefully in less than a year ;) Miss all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS family photo! I LOVE YOUR DRESS!! where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete