We're still in technology limbo, but have made forward progress and as soon as we get up and running, posting will be a bit more regular. In the meantime, here's this little insight into my life.
While making cookies and packing them into bags for Mr. B to take to work last night:
Me: Don't forget to take these for your lunches.
B: I won't. Thanks for the cookies.
Me: You're welcome. Do you want me to start packing lunches for you?
B: No, you'd have to wake up too early.
Me: Remember when you first started working there and I'd wake up and make you lunches?
B: Yes I do, it was great.
Me: That lasted like two days.
B: Minus one.
Maybe I should work on that statistic during my last month as a stay-at-home-wife. 5 am is early though - especially when I've been up a few times throughout the night. But he's worth it.
***I should clarify. Mr. B does not expect or ask for me to pack his lunch, and when we're both heading out the door for 8 1/2 hour a day jobs making his lunch rarely crosses my mind. But when I'm home during the day and he's out working and going to school to provide for the family, I feel like I should at least try to alleviate some of his tasks.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




But you aren't a stay at home wife (which implies lots of sleep and free time), you're a (temporary) stay at home mom and from what I've heard you aren't even supposed to have time to shower, much less get up early to pack your husband's lunch. Not that he's not worth it, of course.
ReplyDeletei agree! you have every right to not even have showered by the time he gets home from work! make lunches the night before!
ReplyDeletehaha!! I know what you mean!
ReplyDeleteI've been unemployed for a couple of weeks now and plan to start subbing when school starts, so I've been making my husband's lunches in the morning (which has become funny with my family & friends for some reason). However, he doesn't go in to work until 10am AND I don't have a newborn so you are allowed not to make his lunches! I have no excuse...and, I kinda like it. Ugh, I can't believe I just admitted that!
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel. 5am is EARLY, and yes, he's worth it, but he's also a big boy who can pack his own lunch just fine.
ReplyDeleteBe a hero and make his lunch while you're making dinner. You're kitchen is already messy and you're already in there.
ReplyDeleteI try to get in the habit of packing our lunches at night. I've learned that I can sleep an extra 10 minutes in the morning if I do and that time is precious!
ReplyDeleteHA! My favorite line - "minus one."
ReplyDeleteI would never be able to get up in time to get Ryan's lunch packed. I seriously have an issue with mornings. Getting my butt to work on time in something presentable is success enough. ;)
That is thoughtful of you, I'm sure you are doing alot that B appreciates. We pack lunches at night, since it is often dinner leftovers. Whoever isn't washing dishes packs lunches. However, I often double check mine since John can be skimpy on the sweets. ;)
ReplyDelete