Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Take it to the Banq(uette)

I think we're going for it.  The banquette seating in the kitchen, that is.  The blogosphere wants us to.


Rest assured, this is just to make sure I like the look -
this is not to scale, or an accurate representation of what I want it to look like finished.

 
I've gotten so many emails from readers (and husbands of readers) with inspiration photos and advice and warnings.  My favorite (hi John!) was when Shannon's husband emailed me.  He sent pictures and ideas, but his general point was, "Whatever you do, please don't take Shannon's advice and just cover a floor vent without talking to someone who knows what they're talking about."  B is in love with John for that email - he likes when he doesn't have to be the only person to bring me down to earth.



And here's a recent favorite inspiration picture.  I love the single shelf and artwork above the banquette.  I love the farmhouse table.  Thanks Queenbee for sending me the link!

So we're going to attempt it.  You'll see the banquette seating complete - FC and I have an agreement signed in blood that we won't be swatch by swatch and nail by nail project bloggers.  Okay, that's not true.  But you get the drift, you'll get a before and after when its complete.  If it gets completed - my general contractor was totally convinced until he realized we'd probably want a rectangular table once it was complete.  Details.

21 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh! that picture is awesome! I can't wait to see how y'all pull this one off. Oh and by the way. Because of you I am considering an ikea couch. what do you think about the 2 cushion vs the 3 cushion one y'all have? Can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be fun! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok good to know. I was contemplating the 2 seater and then putting a chaise on one end. I guess I'll have to see. We have an Ikea here and I crave going all the time. Come visit and I'll take ya ;) No, in all seriousness, if you ever come to Atlanta, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I can't wait to see it! And maybe even sit on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooooo.... now I want one. sigh. Looks like a fabulous idea!! Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep! you can either purchase on my website or let me know what you like and give me your info. the safest way is to purchase on my site.
    http://stelladot.com/sites/designapeele

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll definitely answer your question:) I don't mind at all. But just so you know, I don't always handle it so well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that you liked the inspiration picture I sent you and I cant wait to see how your space turns out. So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh geez. My husband...what a guy. I'm so glad he provided you with useful information otherwise, I would have been a tad creeped out by his blog-stalking. Is it sad that blogs are our dinner time conversation?

    I'm really excited for banquette though! I have a feeling you're gonna be in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooooh. I really like that inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooooh. I really like that inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the single shelf too. I also like that the shelf and seat are the same seat and that they aren't wood. The white is nice, but a fun cool (gray green) would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The plans look great. I can't wait to read about the progress and see the final results.

    John

    PS. I hope Thomas continues to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's going to look great! Can't wait to see the after pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks promising! I love the farmhouse table in that inspiration pic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A banquette is definitely on my next house wish list.They are so cute and functional, especially with little ones. Can't wait to see how you guys do it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is going to look amazing. And, I adore the inspiration photo.

    I'm thinking I may have become a nail-by-nail and swatch-by-swatch blogger. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to see the finished project. I'm sure its going to be ah-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your inspiration photo. It is going to look great.

    ReplyDelete