Pin It button on image hover

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Rookie Thanksgiving: Stuffing

Honestly, I never eat the stuffing at Thanksgiving - I'm a picky eater when it comes to food textures and stuffing has never appealed to me.  But this was good.  I made sure it was crispy, and I loved it.  I altered the recipe a little bit - I left out the sage because I was lazy and just added a little extra wine instead of using chicken broth.  It was divine.  We might add apples next time.


Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween.  We took our little Lobster "Trick or Treating" at his Grammy and Grandpa's in Denver after church this morning, to his Aunt and Uncle's house down the road, and to
our neighbor's house. 


This is about the time I told B, "I hope Tommy doesn't cry everytime he doesn't get his way for the rest of his life".  And B told me, "Em, he's 4 months old and you just put him in a lobster pot for your own amusement.  I think it'll be fine."


We carved a pumpkin, put him to bed, and ate dinner - chicken breasts, stuffing, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin beer - while handing out candy to our 150 (and still counting) trick or treaters. 




It was laid back, relaxing and fun.  Happy Halloween!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my... the lobster costume is cracking me up, and the conversation between you and your husband made me smile. What's wrong with putting your son in a lobster pot? I got a kick out of it.

    The stuffing looks surprisingly good. I've never tasted a stuffing that I like and Ryan hates stuffing, so I didn't even try. But, now I'm thinking I should have given it a go. But a glass of wine for dinner was easier. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids in pots! YES! and I love that little lobster. And your dinner sounds fantastic. Gotta recipe for those cookies? Or even better, got extra to send to me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun. The lobster in the pot is adorable and I wouldn't like it either, but then I couldn't even get my toe in.
    Happy Halloween to you too. We only had 10 T&Ters. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun. The lobster in the pot is adorable and I wouldn't like it either, but then I couldn't even get my toe in.
    Happy Halloween to you too. We only had 10 T&Ters. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally acceptable to throw your kid in a pot for photographic memories. Love the costume! And love Casco on the steps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 150 kids!? We are at 40ish and tapering off. Your neighborhood rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously! 150 trick-or-treaters? I can't decide if I should be jealous (we were only visited by our neighbor's little girl) or thankful that we didn't have to buy all that candy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL at the lobster pot! Tommy is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy mackerel, but that is one cute costume!! The lobster pot comment had me laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this post is amazing in many ways. i love stuffing - and that one looks divine. your lobster is adorable - is it bad i want a baby just to dress it up and take pictures? also, i'm jealous of your little trick or treaters- we only had five! :( and you know i'm partial to the picture of a lounging golden. melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, what a cute lobster! I suck and didn't make stuffing. We had biscuits and gravy for dinner last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I might cry if someone tried to stuff me in a lobster pot, too. But he is so cute that it was clearly worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your worrying. :)
    After watching Disney's "The Princess and the Frog" I ranted to Rob, "I really liked the movie, but did everything really have to be perfect in the end? I mean, kids need to learn that there will be dissapointment in life! Everything is not always perfect!"
    Rob told me I needed to chill out a little bit and reminded me it was a Disney movie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute costume!! The picture was totally worth the crying -- it is priceless!! He'll forgive you someday!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been too lazy to cook along with you on your rookie Thanksgiving adventure, but I've really enjoyed reading about it and you've posted a few recipes I really can't wait to try. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha! I love your lobster! How very Maine of you. Casco looks super cute too.

    I'm not a fan of stuffing either, but John makes it pretty well. I like mine crunchy too but I'm thinking of trying Oyster stuffing this year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That costume is beyond cute! And Casco looks thrilled too:).

    Never been a big fan of stuffing either....but that picture actually makes it look good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YOU look Ahmazing! Look at your beautiful lobster baby! I would be kissing his cheeks all.the.time!

    ReplyDelete