So, I had an 8oz thing of Cool Whip and nothing to do with it. Until I found Gina's No-bake Pumpkin Cheesecake. And I had some pumpkin puree frozen in the freezer. And I figured, what the hell? Just because Thanksgiving is over doesn't mean that I need to say goodbye to pumpkin deliciousness.
So, I whipped up a pumpkin cheesecake. And honestly? It's tasty (I've only tasted the filling - but graham cracker crust is a given). Not totally cheesecake like, but good. And won't Mr. B be excited when he comes home to find that dinner's in the crockpot AND I made dessert while working and tending to T-Mac? I mean, throw in a side dish and a load of laundry and that's almost worthy of winning the Wife of November 29th Award (a year is far too ambitious).
And no, this is not a cookie, but I'm linking it up to Kim's Dare to DIY party today anyway. I'm a rule breaker, what can I say? Hop on over to Kim's blog to take part in the cookie (and "cheesecake" cheater) party.




This DOES look delicious. Of course, I don't like pumpkin, but who wouldn't go for that layer of whipped topping, right?
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love that you just used the term T-Mac.
I'm not a huge pumpkin fan either, but the recipe seems like a great base that could be tweaked with lots of different purees (lord knows we have purees in this house)!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving that you are a rule breaker. And, because I'm planning to eat pumpkin shakes until our local ice cream joint runs out (which is typically in January), this is the perfect candidate for my pumpkin-loving self. And, since Ryan doesn't like pumpkin, that means I can eat it all myself.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up, Emily. Really appreciate it.
yum! i like the no bake part of that recipe! :) my mom made a pumpkin cheesecake this year, and it was amazing! i might have to use this to recreate the memory!
ReplyDeleteps - i like the new header! simple :)
YUM!!
ReplyDeleteLove the name T-Mac :-)
Do you think you'll ever post that super-deliciouso green chile recipe? Cause that was AWESOME!!
I see you keep wasting your life away putting Mommy-roles ahead of your career...how do you live with yourself being so average and mundane? Living in the same state you grew up in, average career, average house....nothing distinctive or noteworthy.
ReplyDeleteI like the new layout and colors. I just decided I kind of like cheesecake. In fact my exact statement to John was "I don't hate this". Maybe this in-between cheese cake will be the perfect balance for me.
ReplyDeleteOh and Anonymous- what is so wrong with your life that you can't Emily live her's in peace? I've moved beyond anger towards you; now I feel pity and sadness for you.
Anonymous-
ReplyDeleteClearly you have not read this blog. Emily is not on here showing how she is wasting her time or being average. She is highlighting some of the events of our wonderfully happy lives. The Imperfect household is built on love and respect, and while I wanted to get on here and respond with anger and negativity aimed at you, I decided not to. What I do want to say, however, is that you are horribly mistaken if you think Emily is average and mundane.
Emily is the most amazing woman I have ever met, and she is a loving wife and mother. The five + years that I have spent with her have been the best of my life, and I could not ask for a better mother for Thomas. Emily works hard at bettering herself everyday, be it in her career or in our family life. While you may think she has put motherhood before her career, she does an amazing job balancing the two. We are lucky enough that she can do what she loves and spend as much time as she wants with our favorite little man. I could go on gushing about how perfect Emily is (even though she claims to be imperfect), but I fear it will be lost on you.
Obviously, you can do whatever you choose, but I just want you to know that your ridiculous comments will never penetrate the love and happiness that is the foundation of this household. Your time is probably better spent somewhere else. I wish you the best in the future, but hope that you use your words and your time in a more positive manner.
Sincerely,
Mr. B
Ohhhh Mr. B....that was the most romantic b*tch slap I've ever read. Take that Anonymous, you know your fiance would never stick up for you like that because you already have his balls in a jar on your mantle.
ReplyDeleteMr. B's response brought tears to my eyes. I don't comment on your blog often enough, but I always read it and enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteI have so many things I would love to say about the annon. commenter. Instead I will just say that I look forward to reading your posts. Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteapparently i need to spend more time reading your comments, i was too busy drooling over the pie.
ReplyDeleteDo you know who anon is?? I am curious! (I dont comment here much but have been reading your blog for awhile! thanks for keeping up with it.)
ReplyDeleteAlex - I've figured out who Anon is (known all along, actually), but I don't know them personally. But I'm not doing anything with the knowledge - there's obviously some anger - towards me or people like me, I'm not sure - there and I don't need to ignite it further.
ReplyDeleteamen, Mr. B!!!!
ReplyDeleteis there a way to block anon, who obviously needs to put others down to pump themselves up?
Don't worry about that negative person! Your cheesecake looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteTo one "anonymous" from another,
ReplyDeleteI see you keep wasting your life putting your internet-loser role ahead of your super exciting and successful life ...how do you live with yourself being so pathetic and hypocritical? Reading a blog you don't like, then criticizing the person who writes it, repeat, repeat....nothing distinctive or noteworthy.
P.S. You seem pretty ignorant so I am going to make my point clearer. Someone who spends their time on the internet insulting people anonymously is a much more "average" woman than Emily is. In fact, you are quite pathetic. YOU are the one who gives women a bad name by criticizing another woman for the life choices she has made. I'm pretty sure you missed the message of the women's liberation movement (hint: it was about women having FREEDOM....freedom to choose ANY life they want) So do all of us women a favor and go spend your free time educating yourself. Thanks.
This looks delicious! I have some leftover canned pumpkin and a graham-cracker crust in the pantry. I might have to give this a whirl.
ReplyDeleteLOVE Mr. B's response. You've got a great man Emily, but you know that already.
ReplyDeleteSarah's response to Anon and Mr. B is even better.