Pin It button on image hover

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dare to Entertain

My friend Kim at Newlywoodwards is at it again...her Dare to DIY party is back.  I'm planning to participate as much as I can this year, and this week is Dare to...Entertain.  And I'm all about entertaining.

After all of my Thanksgiving preparation, we're not hosting the holiday this year.  Which is just fine, at least I know how to make a turkey so I won't be terrified when I need to.  I've never had the patience for fancy tablescapes, but I do like a set table.  I whipped out our winter table runner (Pottery Barn three years ago), woven chargers, wine glasses and china and set the table.  Our set table - simple as it is - is so romantic to me.  Clean and streamlined - but almost everything was a wedding gift or inspired by our own wedding.


I love simple details - the beading on our wedding china matches the beading on the napkin rings - and the beading on both mine and Mr. B's wedding rings (I know it's not actually called beading, but you get the idea).


We got these wine charms for our wedding, too.  I love the numbers.  I always take number 1.  1 is my number.  Because I was born on 1/1.  And because I'm number 1.  Kidding, seriously just because of the birthday - 1 is my number.


And this is one of my favorite silly things ever.  Our gurgle pot.  We received this as a wedding gift and thought we both were a little confused when we opened the gift, it's a conversation starter and we love it.  Here's the story of the gurgle pot.  I love this thing - it comes out whenever we entertain.


And that's our simple, streamlined tablescape.  It doesn't change much throughout the year - give or take a table runner.  But it stays clean and is ready for guests at a moment's notice.



Now, jump on over to Kim's blog to partake in the DIY fabulousness!!!
Dare to DIY

18 comments:

  1. I love the table runner and your overall color scheme; would work really easily with any holiday! I'm with you, the "little beads" on the china/napkin rings look really nice together! Stopping over from Newlywoodwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. The green color scheme is a nice change from the usual reds/oranges/yellows. I like how everything has a meaning behind it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that table runner! Looks so nice and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you were able to use so many things that you received as wedding gifts! And that table runner is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love white dishes, love simple, love YOUR beading-- I just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know ANYONE else had a gurgle pot! I love ours too :) Everyone gets a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit, I kinda want a gurgle pot now.

    Hello from Lizzie In Progress! I sauntered on over from Kim's party to say hello and I loooove the simplicity of this setting!

    LB

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that table. I'm horrible at making one look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are totally #1. Your table looks great, of course. And it's so practical and versatile. The runner is totally "you." (Like I know what that is.)

    Thanks for linking up this week. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my goals (eventually) is to have a full table scape. We don't have chargers, or anything of the sort right now, but I would like to. I agree that there is something so elegant about a set table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this table! so cute and simple! i want a Gurgle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is GORGEOUS! And SO you! Also, not only is the gurgle pot a conversation started, but also it is now like a signature thing... I very much associate all gurgle pots with you now.

    Also, I totally didn't notice when we were over that the gurgle pot's moth formed a heart. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely:):)
    Simple and yet very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely:):)
    Simple and yet very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very lovely. Very nice nighttime pictures too. I think very hard to pull off. And...I think you have an awesome birthday and an even awesome-er gurgle pot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful! you always have a great table setting, regardless of the season!
    i love that it's green - not 100% traditional but lovely nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks great! My favorite part are the woven chargers. In fact, I might need to find some for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not great at table tops either. But I do love runners- they are found cheap, easy to change and totally change the look of the table. Your gurgle pot is very fun.

    ReplyDelete