Someday I fully intend to post about something other than cooking. I promise. But Shannon asked for my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and, because I have yet to make my pie, I figured I should oblige (and p.s. - my stomach flu was a quick 24 hour bug thankfully - my knee has a longer road ahead).
A few years ago Mr. B requested that we come up with a pumpkin cookie recipe, and we found and adapted this one from somewhere (no clue where). We LOVE them and make them a couple times each Fall, but they are kind of bready so I wasn't sure about sharing the recipe. But we made some for our neighbors and my brother-in-law's family and got good reviews from both, so I figured I could share it. These are super healthy.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (yield - about 4 dozen cookies)
1 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup canned or pureed pumpkin
3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 pkg chocolate chips
Beat butter until smooth. Beat in sugars and eggs. Gently mix in vanilla and pumpkin. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Beat flour mixture into butter mixture. Add chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes (or until edges are golden brown).
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




i make these too! they are addictive!
ReplyDeleteAwesome, thanks. And clearly just what I need to get rid of this baby weight. You did say super healthy, right?
ReplyDeletei need to make these immediately. yum. i pretty much love anything pumpkin. :)
ReplyDeletethose sound AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteThese look awesome! Thank you for the recipe!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletei just made pumpkin chocolate chip bread. the recipe looks pretty similar except i use applesauce instead of butter. i love pumpkin in the fall!
ReplyDeleteYUM. I think I have to add these to my list of recipes to try!
ReplyDeleteYour blog may be called 'imperfect" but you (and your beautiful house, beautiful dog & totally handsome Tommy) are simply adorable!!
ReplyDeleteWas SO NICE meeting you today - I had a wonderful time!
Kath :-)