I made super easy, super yummy Baked Chicken Parmesan. This recipe I adapted from lots of places so here's the gist:
For 4 servings:
2 chicken breasts cut in half.
1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
2 T olive oil.
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese.
1/2 cup Marinara sauce (plus more for topping at the end)
I beat the daylights out of the chicken breasts to flatten them out with a meat mallet (this is a fantastic recipe for days when you're frustrated), rubbed each piece with a little olive oil and tossed the breadcrumbs and parmesan and seasoning in a bowl and coated each chicken breast half with the mixture. Now, you toss the chicken breast halves in a glass baking dish (or on a baking sheet, whatever makes your skirt fly up) and bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Take the dish out, turn those beautiful babies over and bake about 5 more minutes. Take them out again, pour marinara and mozzarella on each and put them back in the oven until the cheese melts.
I served it with pasta just to prove I'm capable of putting more than one thing on a dinner plate. You could go super luxe and throw a bagged ceasar salad in the mix too. Italian tonight? Yes, please!
I also made Chicken and Dumplings (via Cooking on Clover Lane) recently. I loved it, B thought it could use more chicken and less dumpling and he's probably right. But all in all, fabulous.
In non-crockpot news, I bought a bag of frozen Tilapia with a coupon. I think it's the first coupon I ever used at a grocery store. We're trying to eat more fish around here - I'm sick of getting all of my Omega 3s is capsule form. My first attempt at a Mango Salsa Tilapia was, how should we put this? One big, fat failure. But my next attempt at Lemon Garlic Tilapia? Um, possibly the most delicious thing I've eaten in months. And so flipping easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




That looks good.
ReplyDeleteOoh, that looks super yummy!
ReplyDeletei love this! we were just talking about how we want to bake more chicken. we actually made grilled chicken parm - same idea, just grilled instead and it was great!
ReplyDeleteps - tilapia is my fave. not that this is healthy, but my mom would always make it with zatarain's fish fri - soooo good.
Oh, I have a very similar recipe for baked chicken parm, and it is always a huge hit. So yummy! And so easy!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing I cant wait to try them.
ReplyDeleteum, yeah. I gotta do this. We're trying to cut eating out budget big time, so I need all the at-home recipes I can get.
ReplyDeleteThis looks reallll good. I love anything that I can just throw in the oven. I'll be adding this to next month's menu, thanks bud!
ReplyDeleteI love shake and bake. I grate a lot of parm into mine before tossing. I wish I liked fish, it seems so versatile but I just can't stand the texture.
ReplyDelete