Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On a Jetplane

Last week, we flew with Thomas for the first time.  My co-counselor and partner-in-crime from my years at camp got married in Washington DC, and though we considered the option of leaving Thomas here with grandparents for a weekend getaway, we took advantage of the opportunity to introduce Thomas to Mr. B's DC relatives. 



It was a quick trip - in on Friday night and out on Monday, but it was fun and jam-packed with family, DC friends and the fabulous wedding.



Best Camp Friends - A step up from hanging out at a bar called the "Barnyard" in rural Maine.

We stayed with Mr. B's aunt in Maryland and drove into DC Saturday and Sunday.  Thomas had his first non-family, non-daycare babysitter on Saturday night.  He spent eight hours with one of my best friends since high school who lives five blocks from where the wedding took place.  It was the perfect scenario and we are forever thankful for Jess's willingness to take on our cantankerous 7 month old.


B and I had done the DC sightseeing before and opted to hang out with our friends who have moved to the area on Sunday.  In retrospect, we should have taken Thomas around for photo opportunities, but life goes on.  Monday, we did a quick tour of the McKevitt family homestead: Went to the cemetery where B's grandparents are buried and cleaned up the gravesite, drove by the old McKevitt house, etc.



Mr. B has always said that the house his dad grew up in is his favorite style of house.  We drive around all the time and talk about houses, but it was so fun to be able to see the house that B thinks is the quintessential family home.


It was a great, quick trip.  B's aunts, uncles and cousins were wonderfully hospitable (as B said driving into the city for the wedding "I've never stayed at a hotel where they shove money in your pockets as you're leaving for the day"), we loved catching up with our friends who have moved to DC, and the wedding was beautiful, another good opportunity for catching up, and so much fun!

So that's where I've been.  More regular posting to commence soon.

16 comments:

  1. sounds like a great trip! And Thomas is absolutely the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww..........he's so adorable. Glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! It looks like Thomas was a champ on the plane! Can you believe our boys are 7 months old? I'm having a hard time remembering myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like such a great trip! Also, I swear Piglet has the exact same outfit that Thomas is wearing in that second-last photo. In fact, it's one of his coming-home outfits (but only if he turns out to be a giant baby).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great trip!

    Mr B's house growing up has a few similarities to your house now, I think! Had you seen it before?

    I saw pictures of the first house that Justin grew up in, and I was like "Oh. THAT's why you love wood paneling at balk at painting wood." It was like floor to ceiling honey oak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you had a nice trip! I love seeing a pic of Thomas smiling!!! such a cute boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great trip! I love to look at different style of homes. But classic styles are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa- Thomas got big! He is super cute! Glad you had a good trip. Wish we could have met up, although it sounds like a whirlwind of a trip. All the houses in this area look like Mr.B's "perfect" home. We lived in one for 3 years, the rooms can be a bit small and the layout a little choppy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great trip. You look amazing as always. Great dress! And I love the first picture of Thomas. He is so cute!

    And B's favorite style of house? Me loves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a) Your baby. Is so. Stinking. Cute. Oh my goodness gracious sakes alive. :)
    b) I agree. B has good house taste.
    c) Did you visit Ikea?
    d) I'm so glad you had fun! I love your wedding attire!
    e) Does this hotel chain have locations in Richmond? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Glad the trip was a success. And you got out of town before the "ice storm". LOL - really it was a fraction of a fraction of ice, but closed my work on Tuesday. I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thomas is adorable. I vote for more pictures of him on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ummm...that house looks like Alpha Chi. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah! It was so much fun to hang out!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you guys had a great time! And Thomas is so adorable on that plane (and everywhere else for that matter!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. your family is just too cute. all of you! thomas is such a cutie.

    and you are rockin' that dress! love it.

    ReplyDelete