Last weekend, we went snowshoeing outside of Boulder with some friends we met in birth class. The good thing about friends from birth class is that our kids are close in age. It's good to have friends who understand naps. And meltdowns. Luckily though, we had no meltdowns while snowshoeing.
We couldn't find our snow clothes. Snowshoeing in jeans is not advised.
After our snowshoe, B, Casco, Thomas and I headed further into the mountains to go see my aunt's new cabin. More on that later. But Casco and Thomas like having a place to hang out in the mountains. And they're starting to like each other.
It was a fabulous weekend - and it's going to be hard to top this weekend. Do you have any fun plans for this weekend?




That looks like fun! We don't get enough snow around here to do stuff like that. Enjoy whatever you have planned for this weekend!
ReplyDeletethat looks so fun! i can't imagine living somewhere where that could be a weekend - not vacation - activity! :)
ReplyDeletethe family photo is adorable - you guys are too cute - even the jeans-wearer!
and i love how casco poses for photos with his ears perked forward. babies and dogs (together!) melt my heart.
How long does something like that take? It is basically just walking through the snow? It does look pretty awesome being up there in God's country with the fresh air and all. And a cabin deep in the woods? Sign me up. But just me. I need to hibernate.
ReplyDeleteOh how I wished I lived there! I can just smell the fresh cold air now! Love the photos... thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI'm not usually a huge snow person, but I think I could handle snowshoeing.
ReplyDeleteOur weekend? Packed. Justin's band is doing a huge benefit concert for a local food bank. It's going to be crazy.
Awesome! That looks like so much fun. If it wasn't for wanting to be close to our family, Chad and I would move to CO in a heartbeat.
ReplyDeletesooo beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute picture of Casco and Thomas!! I love Colorado but I am not a huge snow person. I am more of a summer hiker type of person.
ReplyDeleteMy weekend is busy - my oldest daughter has show choir competitions out of town so it will be a weekend away from home for her and I.
The picture of Casco and Thomas is adorable! It looks like they are quite the pair!
ReplyDeleteThis looks so fun! And could your family BE any more beautiful? Honestly, you need to be the family photo that comes in the picture frame when you buy it.
ReplyDeleteI have been wanting to try snowshoeing. Did you buy the snowshoes/borrow/rent? Just curious.
And, I'm also curious about that cabin. I love a good cabin.
I am so jealous of you! You get to live in beautiful Colorado where you can go out on the weekends and enjoy the snow!! Today it finally got above freezing here and you better believe we were out there enjoying the snow!
ReplyDeleteThat last picture is the cutest thing I've ever seen! They have the same expression - i LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteHI, I just found your blog, I also live in Colorado and plan on snowshoeing in the next couple weeks. Where did you get the shoes?
ReplyDeleteCute pictures and I'm looking forward to following a fellow blogger that lives by me!
That first photo of the four of you is great! I also really like the last photo of the two boys. Thomas looks like a serious little man, like you are interrupting something important that he was doing.
ReplyDeleteI love these photos! And I'm glad you had fun gallivanting through the snow. Snow always looks fun in pictures... but I'm so happy to live in Virginia, where snow = freakoutandstayinside.
ReplyDeleteps: your baby. oh. my. gawd. Possibly the most adorable thing of all time. After my nephew Joseph, of course.
ReplyDeleteHR Mom - We own them (actually, my brother-in-law owns them and we borrow them), but a friend rents snowshoes and poles for $6 in Estes Park. Maybe try REI? Or any ski shop might rent them, or know who would...
ReplyDeleteI freaking love this state & all it has to offer. A true Coloradoan can snowshoe in anything, even jeans, so tell B he gets my vote if he ever wants to run for governer.
ReplyDeleteHis slogan can be: "I can do it in denim."
Bahaha! Thomas & Casco have the same expression in that photo!!
I love that picture of your son and dog- how cute!
ReplyDeleteOmg, Thomas is adorable!
ReplyDelete