My best friend, Emily, bought a townhome last year. I always intended to make her something for her house, but last year I was not in a crafting mood. So for her birthday this year, I tackled throw pillows for her living room. Last summer, Emily picked her colors - brown and blue are pretty much her story. So I knew I wanted to make big pillows in a blue linen fabric. And when I found the fabulous print that pulls together the blue and the brown, I knew it was meant to be.
Please ingnore the wrinkles. Irons and I don't get along.
I love the flowered pillow. I scoured every fabric store within 20 minutes of my house and ended up buying a set of napkins at Target to make this.
It's not unlike this pillow from Pottery Barn, just has brown to tie Emily's colors together.
It was a fun and pretty easy project once I found all of the material.
You and I think alike. I picked these up at Target (they are on clearance right now) the other night with the idea of making pillows in mind. However, I then changed my mind and decided it was too colorful for my room so back they went. They look great!
ReplyDeleteThose napkins make such pretty pillows! You are a great friend!
ReplyDeletegorgeous! what a nice friend! :)
ReplyDeletei have honestly never sewed anything - ever. except maybe cross stitch in girl scouts! your skill makes me want to learn!
Great pillow!! I wish I could sew. I always find cool napkins and other fabric that I would love to make into pillows or curtains. My middle daughter can sew some. She made simple curtains for my oldest daughter's room, but now her machine is not working. Maybe I should take a sewing class. I wonder if they offer them around here for adults?
ReplyDeleteHow did you learn? Did your mother sew or did you take a class as child?
Hi Becca! Anyone can sew a pillow - I have very rudimentary sewing skills but all it takes is straight lines and the ability to thread the bobbin. My mom's a sewer, so I think I picked up the confidence to try from her, but I learned just by trial and error.
ReplyDeleteAwesome pillows. I have a tablecloth in that same bird fabric from Target and I absolutely love it.
ReplyDeleteLove the colors! And I love that you found the perfect napkins for the color scheme. They look great.
ReplyDeleteCheck it out, another blog I read, she used the SAME Target fabric to make curtains! :-)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.maillardvillemanor.com/2011/02/library-reveal-part-ii.html
I just love the fabric you finally found! It is sometimes so frustrating looking for the perfect fabric, but you pulled it off. Your pillows look great!
ReplyDeleteThat fabric is great. I've never made pillows from napkins but I've made napkin curtains and a napkin purse.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, gorgeous fabric (napkins)! Great job! Irons and I don't get along either unless I keep a giant spray bottle of water nearby and practically drown the fabric. Mostly... I just pretend like things don't need ironing.
ReplyDeleteI totally almost bought those napkins to do the same thing. Now I wish I had. ;) You rock, my friend!
ReplyDeleteI love them so much!!! Thanks again, Em. They look fab on my couch!
ReplyDeleteThese pillows are beautiful! I wanted to bring some color into my white living room so I bought fabric with muted greens, blues and tans...but seeing this I think I made the wrong decision! I love these colors!
ReplyDeleteI got those napkins for Christmas! I'm using them as napkins though. :-)
ReplyDeletejust saw the table cloth at Target this week and thought of you! xoxo
ReplyDeletejust saw the table cloth at Target this week and thought of you! xoxo
ReplyDelete