Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Florida Beach Vacation

B and I have been trying to get Thomas to Florida to meet his great-grandparents since September, but with surgery, school and job changes, our first opportunity was last weekend.  So we capitalized on it.

We spent a lot of time with B's wonderful grandparents, and spent a lot of time on the beautiful Siesta Key beach. And my baby boy? A swimming, sand loving machine. He was probably the happiest he's ever been on this trip.  We're considering a move to Florida just for Thomas's demeanor - humidity and my hair don't agree, but humidity and Thomas's moods apparently do. But Naps? He didn't spend a lot of time on those.  Nighttime sleep? Nah. It was like he was saying screaming to us, "The waves are out there guys, let's go play!" 

We've been down to Siesta Key roughly once a year since we were married to see B's grandparents. Here we were two Christmases ago - I was four months pregnant at the time.

Our first two trips were a totally different ball game than this one, but this one was equally as relaxing and fabulous. I fell in love over and over again watching B and Thomas play in the sand and the waves. 


We walked the beach every morning as a family. B and I sat up on our porch after Thomas went to bed and played cards, talked about yet another reiteration of my home office, listened to the waves and actually relaxed.

Now, we're back in town, B and I are slightly tanned - Thomas is still pasty white since he was covered from head to toe in sunscreen, hats, and on the final day the rash guard I swore I'd never make my children wear the whole trip, we're relaxed and jumping back into real life with both feet.  Thomas is still living in vacation lack of sleep mode if last night was any indicator, so it's gonna be an interesting week. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this makes me so happy. Torsten and I love beach vacations but we were thinking it might not be the best fit with a baby--just imagining scrubbing sand out of thigh rolls for weeks afterward. But this is making me rethink that opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I love your skirt. It's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i love this!! looks like so much fun. i absolutely love the one of you crouched down next to him and of b holding him in the sunset - so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, you are just the most beautiful family. And you look awesome, Emily!

    Looks like a wonderful time. I'm glad that the little guy loved the sand and sun and surf. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily, I love your skirt in the last photo set. Where's it from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Babies on beaches! Love em! I'm glad Thomas was such a little trooper, it looks like a gorgeous place. And you totally lucked out with the good pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is super sweet! I love the sunset and family photos. I'm so glad you have a water baby. We should go in on a beach house together....dogs allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete