Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Tisket, A Tasket

My sweet cousin Sarah - who just moved about a mile away from me and has made my life infinitely brighter as a result - and a group of friends from her church get together once a month or so to do crafts - and last month was Easter Basket month.  Sarah always forwards me the links to the projects they're going to be working on so I can join them if I'm not working or make my own, and when she sent me the link to what they were making (inspired by something she'd seen on ETSY) in March, I jumped on board. Thomas needed an Easter basket.



I found the buckets in the clearance section of Target for 64 cents each.  I bought the last buckets they had - cobalt blue for Thomas and pink for my favorite little lady. Thomas's bucket got a coat of Robin's Egg Blue spray paint because cobalt blue does not an Easter basket make.   Then I ordered vinyl names and rabbits from a great, inexpensive and uber-helpful local vinyl company


I made Emma's bucket first so that I could get it in the mail and I was super type-A about getting the bunny and name centered. And when it came to Thomas's I winged it.  And his text was totally wonky.  And because I had a lot of other more important stuff weighing on my mind, I decided to lose it over the crooked name on my son's first Easter basket.  Naturally.  But after three attempts at peeling off his name and reapplying it, it's no longer awful. Just imperfect, which I can handle.


The darling Easter print was downloaded from this fabulous blog.  I love their subway art.  Casco doesn't love it because I use the frame for his silhouette for the prints during holidays.  He actually throws a little temper tantrum when I switch it out - seriously.

8 comments:

  1. These turned out great. I don't have a basket for Peachy, but since we will be at my parents' I am sure that it will all be taken care of for me. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those!!! they look super professional! that's so fun you (and thomas!) get to spend time with such a cute little girl :)

    poor casco. he should appreciate the beauty of a good piece of subway art, however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very very cute! i have to come up with a basket for Lu, we have one for Meg! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I love the print, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable. What will Thomas find in his basket? I love that the church has craft night. I can't find any crafty friends here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is straight out of fancy-pants overpriced kids stuff catalog. I can't believe how awesome they look. I guess I'm up for least-crafty mama this Easter because I bought one of those $2 felt ones from Target. Oh and I'm also interested in what's going in it. I have a Clifford book and a pair of socks. Pretty disappointing.

    ReplyDelete