*I've spent a lot of time over the past two weeks being so thankful for my job situation. Despite all the questions we still have about daycare, I have peace of mind knowing he was with his mom the majority of each week.
*I've also spent a lot of time realizing what an amazing family and friend support group I have. My mom and sister both gave up days off to come hang out with Thomas so I could follow-through with previously scheduled meetings. My best friend left work early to come take Thomas while B and I had an important meeting. My cousin calls me daily to see if she can come take Tommy off my hands so I can get some work done. We are blessed with giving people.
*Even with the stress of figuring out how to do my job without childcare, I've been L-O-V-I-N-G having Thomas at home. And he's been taking long naps which allow me to get my work done. We have a nanny starting next week so that I can schedule client meetings again, which will be good, but now that I'm in a more peaceful place with our situation, I'm really enjoying the working stay-at-home mom gig.
*We're having approximately 9, 789 people to our house for Easter.
*I will be posting a 30 day shred review next week.
*Here's a quick picture from the last week. We bought Thomas a sandbox because he was such a sand lover in Florida. Casco has taken on a supervisory role.
*And also, I'm generally not a fan of baby boys wearing real clothes. I like onesies and knit pants, not jeans and suits. But I love Thomas in overalls.
Happy Easter weekend!






Oh, the overalls. SO CUTE. (Though I will admit to a weakness for baby jeans too. But NOT baby suits, my goodness.)
ReplyDeleteAs you know, we are also happy to watch Tommy if you ever need us to!
Oh goodness Emily. The daycare situation sounds like it was very serious. I'm so sorry you guys are dealing with that, but SO thankful that Thomas is OK. Makes me sick to my stomach to think there could have been a potential for him not to be. :(
ReplyDeleteLOVE him in the sandbox and love the overalls!
Oh man, I can't imagine what you've guys have been going through. Any situation involving the wee ones seem to be emotionally amplified x1000. But I'm glad everybody's ok and that things seem to be working out.
ReplyDeleteFunny, we just went out to lunch with John and G had on jeans and a baby blue and white striped sweatshirt with a bear on it. I told John he was baby up top and big boy on the bottom. Kind of like a mullet...but not. Ugh, anyway, hope you guys have a happy Easter!
i'm so sorry to hear it's been stressful recently. i really hope the nanny works out well - i have a few friends who have a nanny and love it. so glad you have such a great support system.
ReplyDeletenothing in the world is cuter than babies and goldens. hands down.
Sorry to hear about your daycare situation. When we had to switch Drake I was super stressed out!
ReplyDeleteI love little boys in real clothes so I think he looks SUPER cute in the overalls :)
oh hon! i'm sorry it's been a rough time! I agree with the comments above-tough situations with the babes are always ten times harder!!
ReplyDeletei'm so glad your work has been flexible and that things are hopefully settling down soon!
and he definitely needs to wear more overalls!! I loooove babies in overalls!!
Oye Vey...it sounds like the daycare situation was a serious biggie! I'm so glad Thomas is okay--and it sounds like the nanny situation is going to work out so well for you guys!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about the daycare situation. I hope you fall in love with your nanny. I was a nanny during college and LOVED it and still keep in touch with the family. Hope things get better soon!
ReplyDeleteAww, is that a turtle sandbox? I had one of those when I was little!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about the daycare situation. You'd like to think that all people have good intentions, but you just never know. Sending good thoughts your way!
I'm so glad Thomas is ok and you're doing better!
ReplyDeleteThat picture in the sandbox is gorgeous. Such a handsome baby!
Also- I totally agree. Baby jeans are creepy. ;)
I'm sorry to hear about your day care troubles. Thank goodness for good friends and family! I hope the new nanny is fabulous. We have an interim babysitter and things went well on the first day.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe your gorgeous weather. We got 5+ inches of snow last week - ew!
My goodness, Emily...the daycare situation must've been really serious. I am so sorry, but am glad Thomas is okay. And like you said, at least he wasn't there full-time. I hope the nanny works out for you. Love Thomas in his overalls...he's such a sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteI actually like baby jeans. Colton didn't wear them until 6-ish months, but I found I really liked them because they go with everything and we have a lot of random, can't find knit pants to go with that onesies. Plus, his have a big elastic band around the waist, which makes them look much more baby-ish. My favorite baby-look is the onesie worn without pants though, because only a baby can get away with that.
ReplyDeleteLike everyone else, I'm sorry you had any situation at daycare that caused you worry or stress, much less one that necessitated you removing Thomas. It seems like a nanny willbe great for you since you'll have the time you need for meetings and work but can still be in the house with him and monitor his care. I know that would make me feel much better! Keep us posted on how everything works out.
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about the daycare issues, that is so scary! I worked at a commercial daycare one high school summer, and vowed to never put my kids in daycare (but don't have a better solution). I so glad to hear the Thomas is ok, I hope the other kids are too. I'm so glad you have such good family and friends close by, that must be such a weight off your shoulders. I hope things with the nanny goes well.
ReplyDeleteC&T couldn't be any cuter!!!
I am so sorry about your daycare situation! It sounds like a parent's worst fears and I am glad he is OK. I love that pic with him in the sand....he is bringing some FL fun to CO! Hope you had a great Easter!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the day care situation - lucky you have in-laws and parents that are willing to step in!
ReplyDeleteI'm also a big fan on Thomas in overalls, for what it's worth. (I'm sure you were waiting for my approval.)
ReplyDeleteWhat a drag about daycare. I'm really thankful that you found something to work for you!
So sorry to hear about a bad daycare situation... nothing scarier, I'm sure. I'm glad that you were able to work everything out... hooray for family!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the overalls. LOVE. So cute! I had a little bib skirt for Madeline when she was that age. :)
OMG I can only imagine the emotional toll that took on you! So glad that friends & family were able to help. Keep us posted on the new arrangement, I hope it works out.
ReplyDeleteOK, Thomas overalls = adorableness overload. Casco's profile = snorted water thru my nose from laughing .