Pin It button on image hover

Friday, October 10, 2008

A Love Story

Mr. B and I met our sophomore year of college. My window in my sorority house looked directly onto the Lambda Chi porch, and my roommate Brie and I became fast window buddies with B's best friend in the fraternity, Matt. Matt claims that by getting the guts up to talk to the Alpha Chi girls, he brought B and I together. But I actually officially met Mr. B in an alcohol seminar. But that's another story for another day. This one has a point, and it's about pumpkins.

Our first Halloween together - as Juniors - I called Mr. B from my babysitting job to ask him if he wanted to carve pumpkins. He hemmed and hawed, I got offended "What do you mean you guess? This is a cute idea, don't you want to do cute things with me? No, now I don't want to carve pumpkins, since you didn't want to from the start." Ohhh, how immature. Anyway, somehow B talked me down from that little temper tantrum, and we carved pumpkins on the Lambda Chi porch. They were cute. Mine was named Hector.

The beginning of our senior year of college was tumultuous and drama filled. But B showed up on my doorstep a few days before Halloween with two pumpkins. We sat on the living room floor and carved our pumpkins. I remember telling him, "This is so much better than getting flowers!"
That cute boy has bought me pumpkins every year since. I just love that Mr. B.

5 comments:

  1. cute cute cute..... we (I) love carving pumpkins, too.

    "No, now I don't want to carve pumpkins, since you didn't want to from the start."

    I still use that line from time to time... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Good thing the man knows the things he should continue!

    I love looking back on immaturity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are too adorable. Much better than our love story ("Yes, kids, your dad and I met at a kegger.")

    You have fabulous hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO SWEET! Such a great story, Emily!

    ReplyDelete