My Crate & Barrel bowls. We use these daily. I switch off between the clear and the stepped (or, in my mind "pleated like my wedding dress") Parker bowls. The Parker bowls generally get used more often for serving, while the glass bowls do my prep work for me. These bowls make me so happy, I love to see them nested all together, cozy in the cabinets.

My food scale. I bought it years ago at Target, and use it everyday. I couldn't live (at my goal weight) without it.
I didn't know how deeply I could love an appliance until I met this group. You all know about my CrockPot, so it needs no further explanation. My mixer. Heaven. Dear KitchenAid, you make gaining weight eating baked goods just so worth it. How did I ever make a chocolate chip cookie without you? And my darling little food processor. We've talked about this before, too. I've only ever used it to make pesto. So, doncha know, it comes out from under the cupboards a couple times a week.



Next up, my simplehuman plastic bag holder. I have it on the back of my cuboard door. It cost $10. It's the best $10 I've ever spent.
We also registered for a fleet of cookware. And a cast iron skillet. And you know what I use for almost every meal? My $19.99 Walmart skillet my mom bought for me my senior year of college. I've never let this baby go, it's light and easy to pull out for cooking and put away after dinner, cooks beautifully, and sizzles up chicken like it's no one's business. Everyone told me I had to have a cast iron skillet, so we bought one and it breaks my wrist every time I pull it out to cook.






DH is the cook in our house, not me. And luckily, he was so versed on gadgets that I didn't even have to put an ounce of thought into our kitchen registry - he took care of it all! I'd say two of his favorite gadgets are his 5 qt. saucepan (it's humongous, but it sure does come in handy) and his submersion blender (perfect for making soups!)
ReplyDeleteOh, how I love this post....
ReplyDelete(and those C&B nesting bowls).
I may have to put this in my blog vault for next week. Thanks for the inspiration.
PS - I feel like I may need to look into getting a food processor.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what I'd process...
but something.
My favorite "cannot live without" gadget are my kitchen shears. In case you havent seen, they are scissors made just for kitchen uses, such as trimming fat off chicken, cutting celery sticks, etc, etc. Makes cooking prep so fast! They are the BEST!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Em! I may have to try that food scale. I'm noticing my jeans are fitting a little tight. Eek! And I love my SH bag holder, too. Can't beat that price!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'd say my favorite kitchen gadget is my corkscrew. It gets more use than forks in my kitchen, lol!
I also have the Simple Human bag holder and could not leave with out. I'm jealous of your C&B bowls.
ReplyDeleteI want that bag holder so bad I could spit. and I never knew I wanted a spoon rest until the moment I saw yours. lock your doors girl cause if I am ever in your area - something might go missing.
ReplyDeleteMy kitchen essential: a corkscrew for my wine =)
ReplyDeleteHey, we have those clear nesting bowls and they are fab. I'm still kicking myself for not registering for a KA standing mixer!