Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Do You Neti?

I'm sick again. I know, I was just sick. I don't think it's fair either. Luckily, this sickness is a briefly knock you off your feet cold instead of the flu. As I was hacking myself to sleep the other night and struggling to breathe, B said to me "Don't you have that teapot thing for your nose?".

Oh, yes, I do have a Neti Pot. It was all the rage a few winters ago thanks to Oprah, and I totally forgot that I had one. Hello, life-saver:
I contemplated having Mr. B take a picture of me neti potting, then I remembered that I have some dignity. And this blog post is close enough to blowing that dignity, so you'll have to appreciate this random photo.

Totally gross? Yes. But totally works. So, do you Neti?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to bring myself to do it--there's nothing that I hate more than getting water up my nose.

    But I probably should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH and I both "neti" I think it helps him a lot more than it helps me. The first time we used it, I tried to take a picture of him doing it because it was hilarious. He didn't think so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I "neti" ... but these past few weeks my sinuses are so blocked I can't... it's horrible. :(

    But when I can it works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I "neti" and I think it is the best thing ever! There is nothing better than feeling your sinuses clean out when sick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's worth every second of that "water up the nose" feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My father has a neti pot- and he loves it. He uses it every day has a preventative measure. However, I can't imagine willingly putting salt water up my nose. But with you and all your positive commenters I might have to give it a try next time I am sick . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I've never heard of this water-up-the-nose treatment. It sounds more like torture than treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DH got one when his allergies really awful and loves it. I can't stand having water (let alone the sea salt mixture)in my nostrils so I'm a virgin to the Neti.

    Sorry to hear you're sick again =(

    (BTW, my b-day's Jan 3, so not quite a New Year's baby but close enough right? Is yours the 1st?)

    ReplyDelete