So, I ran to my good blog buddy Laurel's blog. She's a mom. She's practical. And she's oh-so-clever. I constantly am commenting on her blog, "I'm putting this in the 'Things I learned from Laurel for when I have kiddos file." And when it comes to gifts for kids, she's a genius.

And she had the answer - crayon rolls (among other things, but I'll save those for next year's June party parade). Brilliant. Every kid loves crayons, every parent loves a way to organize crayons in diaper bags and activity bags, it's small, takes up no room, is made with love, and there's no guilt when it gets tossed down the line.

Perfect - easy to make, easy to give, and easy on the budget.




Perfect! I will have to start a file for when I have kids too. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI think these are soooo cute! However, to be the devil's advocate here, as a mother of a three year old, I just cannot imagine her putting the crayons back into those cute little slots every time. I'd opt for a zipper bag where all the crayons can just roll around and be tossed back in. So, hopefully these gifts are for older, more patient children than my own! :)
ReplyDeleteThose are very cute. And you are talented, I don't think I could make that.
ReplyDeleteI left something for you at my blog.
Oh - I was hoping for some good ideas. Thanks for the compliments. Yours turned out super cute.
ReplyDeleteCute...very cute! I know some nephews and neices that would use these.Thanks for the idea
ReplyDeleteAnd Macie LOVES it!!!! Thank you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a smart idea!
ReplyDeleteThose are TOO cute Em!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute! And I know my niece would have loved putting the crayons away each into their spot. I wish I could just whip out something like that!
ReplyDeleteI'm on the clutter fence somewhere between you and your H though. I hate stuff and am constantly purging, but I can't seem to get rid of things that people made for me. So I would definitely have huge guilt if I tried to toss it down the line exactly BECAUSE it was made with love.
Adorable! Will you make me one for my grown-up pens? Perhaps in a chic trellis patterned fabric? =]
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to steal this one. I love the fun fabrics you used!!
ReplyDeleteLove this idea--very neat! And I'm sure the kids (and their parents) will love it too!
ReplyDelete