Pin It button on image hover

Monday, June 15, 2009

Things I'm Loving

I'm working on a project for the guest room that required me to learn to sew a ruffle. So I googled, "sew a ruffle", and came upon this tutorial. And I want to make 700 of these ruffle butt onesies for the baby if it's a girl. Baby? Oh yes...did I forget to tell you?


I'm going to be an aunt! Don't worry Sarah, I won't make 700... Maybe just 2 or 3. Especially if it's a boy.

Jesse at Good Girl Gone Glad posted these pillows. Love them, and now that I know how to sew a ruffle, they would be so easy to recreate, totally planning on doing it for the guest room.

Or this fabulous ruffled pillow.It might be a little more shabby chic than the urban cottage vibe I go for, the two ruffles seem more chic, less cutesy. But heck, I could give it a try.

But back to babies. I might be a little obsessed. Have you seen the Cora dresses? I love them. Onesies and a dress. Brilliant.


Check out the Cora Dress on one of Meg at Whatever's darling photography clients. I know, right?

Okay, enough babies before I start forgetting that I'm scared of what babies grow up to be...things that talk-back and skateboard and hang out outside of my grocery store on trick bikes trying to look cool. Yikes.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats soon-to-be aunt! :) Also, I love those pillows!!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the ruffle pillows - ruffles are so easy. Can't see what you end up making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the onesie with the ruffle and the pillow with two ruffles. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for Paul and Sarah! I hadn't heard about it!!! Please pass on our good wishes! And if you don't want to sew a ruffle, I made a cute cute onesie like that one where I put rows and rows of lace trim on the butt. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stuff! They make my ovaries hurt...the onesies, not the pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love the ruffle onesie! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ruffles Em, both pillows and the ruffle but onesie! I really think boys these days don't wear enough ruffles anyway, especially on their butts :) Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK:
    1) You gave me a heart attack w/ that baby talk. Whew.

    2) LMAO @ "things that talk-back and skateboard and hang out outside of my grocery store on trick bikes trying to look cool".
    You just described Mr. FC.

    Ruffles are ravishing! Can't wait to see your secret project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go girl! I can't wait to see what you whip up!

    Thanks for the luv girl!

    Oh and I am cracking up and the back-talking comment, because I am so there right now with my 4 year old. Gotta test me I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovin' the pillow with the row of ruffles. I cannot wait to see what you are doing.... I need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that second pillow. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my! I love that first pillow! And the onesie is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i looooove those pillows! I've been looking for some new pillows for our bed, I'll definitely be trying that!

    ReplyDelete