I love incorporating a mix of bold typographic prints in a photo grouping to liven things up a bit, and while I was over admiring Danielle's new gray blue wall at Life, Love and the Pursuit of Me I noticed a piece of framed typography - their wedding date.

Literally within 2 minutes of seeing the framed wedding date I was copying it (well, after a quick email to Danielle to make sure she was cool with it).
I did exactly what I did with the M monogram. I went all black because I'm not a graphics person for color matching to our actual wedding colors and black is easy. Plus, it's guaranteed to fit in with any of our frames (I buy all of our frames in black with white mats - even if the room has dark brown furniture - and just mix and match them around our house).
And if anyone asks we'll just claim that it was our save the date. Because we didn't do a magnet like everyone and their brother for our save the dates. No, we were urban and graphic and simple and cool. Sure, that's the story. Agreed?

What do you guys think of the framed wedding date? Do you like to mix up photo arrangements with bold elements, or is it straight-up photos for you?




I saw that and loved it as well! :-) How did you manage to recreate it? I would love to do the same for our living room! I also love the Monogram you have, I wish I was talented like that! :-)
ReplyDeleteThat looks awesome. I want to do that!
ReplyDeleteSo what is the color of that wall? I love it and totally want that color in my house!
ReplyDeleteThat looks great! We still haven't hung any of our framed photos. Torsten told me to hold off on the photo wall until he researched photo hanging options in terms of what would cause the least damage. Of course he hasn't done it yet. Hmph.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely love that print! Such a great idea!!
ReplyDeleteI love it. And, I kinda want it.
ReplyDeleteDear Emily and Danielle: May I steal your idea? I probably won't do it for several years, since it usually takes that long for me to carry out a project... but, still
XOXO Kim
Love it! Oh, and I started laughing when I saw your silhouette for Casco. I have one of a lab that I have yet to print out and frame. Great minds think alike? Or maybe I'm just stealing your idea. :)
ReplyDeleteOh and yes, we were at the game the other night, too. Waaay up behind 1st base (ok, right field).
ReplyDeleteAnd for anyone else, the color on that wall is Buxton Blue from Benjamin Moore's Historical collection. And Home Depot did a pretty mean job of matching it with their paint & primer in one paint.
I love it, and will be copying it myself. :) We did save the date stickers (inspired by martha), so they aren't framed. But I did get tiny frames for our two photo stamps. Did you do the silhouette of Casco too?
ReplyDeleteOooo, so cute. Couples spend so much time trying to find the perfect date...why not preserve that, too?
ReplyDeletePhotos and bold elements are the way to go!