Pin It button on image hover

Monday, October 19, 2009

Grateful

My grandfather's funeral was last Friday. It was lovely - and packed. Grandpa was a popular man. My niece walked into the reception and her mom told her "These are all of Grandpa and Ruth's friends" and my four year old niece responded "I need to get more friends."

We had family in town last week and weekend - that's the blessing in these losses, getting to spend time with family that you don't always see. We rehashed the memories and updated each other on new memories late into the night. It was fabulous.




Thank you so much for your comments, emails and support over the last two weeks. I'm so grateful for such a wonderful, supportive community. More updates coming soon. Thanks, friends!

8 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry for your loss, but I am glad you're getting to spend time with family and friends. It's so great to have a wonderful family by your side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry that you lost your grandfather, but you are definitely right - those times serve to bring people together and remember the good memories as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute about your niece. Kids really do say the funniest things.

    I'm happy that it was time to spend with family, even if it's under negative circumstances. Happy to have you back. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that Emily...I know it was good to see your fam...I will definitely keep you guys in my prayers. It's so hard to lose a pappap :(
    XO XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for you . . .

    (Your niece and I would get along well.= ))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I told my mom the same thing, that it was so wonderful how many people came to the funeral and reception. such a wonderful tribute to the life he led!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, I'm so sorry about your grandpop. I'm glad you were able to visit with the fam and take away some good feelings from it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry Emily! But I'm glad you were able to spend time with distant family. Lately, I've been finding that laughter and tears go together well.

    ReplyDelete