Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Theme Songs

Do you guys have theme songs? I do.  They're usually songs that I can relate to, that motivate me to look at things differently or that just make sense.  Mine are almost always country music.

This is my current theme song.  It's the song I turn the radio up for.  This is the song that plays over and over in my head.  It's so easy to look at life as one problem after another.  I do it from time to time, and I know people who live their lives that way.  This song puts it all in perspective.  It's my new theme song...and I've told three people in the last week "Well, that sounds like life to me".  I'm sure they love my compassion.



What's your theme song right now?

11 comments:

  1. I don't have one. Sometimes I try to figure out what I would have as my "introduction" song if I were a professional baseball player. But I never come up with anything good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this song, too. My current mantra song is "I'm Alive" - it's kinda a good perspective song, too. And, I have a minor crush on Dave Matthews, so the fact that he's singing a country duet makes my heart flutter. Don't tell hubby... he'll be so jealous and fear that DM may steal me away. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lyrics to this song tend to pop into my head whenever I'm whining about something stupid. It definitely reminds me to suck it up and realize that things aren't that bad.

    PS my new country fave is definitely "getting you home" by chris young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol at pp's "introduction" song for professional baseball player!

    I definitely have theme songs that just rotate around as I'm going through different phases of my life. My current one is far too embarrassing to share though :)

    How are you doing Emily? I've been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove it! Such a reality check.

    Jeremy Camp - Hope {Trust in You}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't Stop Believing by Journey. I just can't not turn it up and sing it loud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep. I love this song too, and I feel like saying it to several of my friends that are going through "hard times" right now. In other words, they are struggling with life being, well, life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this song too. Another song I'm currently sweating on is Sugarlands - All I want To Do. Always lightens my mood when I hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear ya. Though I usually have a theme song when I'm feeling down. Songs that allow me to wallow in my misery for a while then I suck it up and move on w/ life.

    "Mad World"'s always a good one to do that to. Also Sarah Maclachlan's "Angel".

    OK, I confess, Bon Jovi always gets me going cheerfully. Love the Jovi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, just found your blog--love it--you have such a great sense of humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the message of that song, especially the line about "get use to unpredictability". But I think I've just hit my country song limit for the next decade. :)

    ReplyDelete