Pin It button on image hover

Monday, January 25, 2010

All Because of Google

Mr. B and I have been hunting for furniture to turn our extra bedroom from a dumping ground where bachelor pad furniture went to die into something a little more presentable.  I've had my eye on a bed for the last year and the other day I found it for $170 off the regular price, and Mr. B saw it in the store this week for the full price.

B: How much did we pay for that bed again?
Me: We paid about $170 less than that, plus free shipping.  
B: How'd you pull that off?
Me: Well, I knew I'd seen it at a lower price in the past, so I just googled the product number and sale and found an old, still searchable, but no longer active page on the website and ordered it off of that link.  I told you babe, I'm the master Googler.  
B: Yes, you are.
Me: I have high expectations because Google taught me that I can have anything I want.
B: You're not still talking about Google are you? You're talking about life.

Sorry honey, I'll try not to manipulate you like I do search engines.  I promise.

12 comments:

  1. :-) I think Google is the bomb. I also think they are well on their way to taking over the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! And yes, I think Google is an excellent metaphor for life. I'm sure Google itself would agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Google is fantastic--except that it allows me to self-diagnose, which is bad news. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh can we see the new furniture?

    And I am totally pro-google. I feel like I can basically find anything on google as long as I can put the right puzzle pieces of search terms together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using Google to stubbornly get my way as well. There should be a support group for peeps like us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you ARE a master googler! That's impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! I'll have to remember that trick, or just ask you to find me something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously don't know what I would do without google, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! that just made me laugh out loud in my cube at work...oh and made the last 15 min of work doable! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't google the best. I can't imagine life without it now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Google is like, the perfect lover. Always gives you what you want. Yeah, sometimes you have to put forth some effort on your part but you're pretty much always satisfied.

    Did things just get weird in here.....

    ReplyDelete