Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Springing for Spring

We've had a wicked winter. The snow in our front yard has been around since November - that doesn't happen in Colorado. Normally, we get some snow, it melts, then we get a little more snow and it melts. It keeps things fresh, without getting winter depressing. This year I'm about one more storm away from needing some chemical retail therapy.


These green and yellow linens from Crate and Barrel have me ready for sunshine and daffodils.


Then there's this bedding from Anthroplogie, funky and fresh and hinting at warmer days to come:
None of this is necessarily my white on white style, it's just brightening these dreary gray days. So that's where I stand on winter. How are you all holding up?

21 comments:

  1. I NEED sunshine.

    UGh.

    Like you.... I'm ready for spring.

    LOVE the green bed set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly lost it last week. Then the sun finally came out, and even though it was only like 40 degrees out, I sat on the front porch steps with a blanket in the sun for almost an hour. My week got better from there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green one! Sometimes I wish I had a million beds in my house, so that I could always be changing up the bedding. Since I just got new ones a few months ago, I'm pretty sure I should wait on that urge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in Florida, it was 47 degrees this morning, but as I knew it would warm up I threw on a dress so that I could "fake myself out" and force the warm weather up on us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ready for spring too..... I was in December! Nebraska has had it even worse than Colorado this year I think as far as snow goes. We started on October 9th and it's been cold/snowy/gloomy ever since. It's looking pretty gross here with all the dirty snow. I'm going through my second "seasonal depression" this winter! The sun is finally out this week, but the temps are so cold so I can't get out and enjoy it. Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so ready for spring. I honestly can't wait. In Atlanta is has been unseasonably cold and its very depressing. Thanks for brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually I'm not really minding the snow dregs on the ground because it's been so sunny and warm recently. Still, I'm glad to know that every winter won't be like this. And I kind of like those linens from Crate & Barrel. It's probably for the best that we're in a spending freeze at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurray! The first sunny day here in Chicago in AGES but it's also 12 degrees and windy. I'm not sure my first winter here will ever end...

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah colorado's winter has been pretty sucky this year. definitely not looking to a few more months of this.

    ps. love the anthro bedding. probably because we have one on our bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was fine until Ryan went to Texas. Now I feel pissed off about it. He's in 80-degree weather and I'm stuck with this snow and ice crap. And I also made a committment to refuse shoveling, to make a point. Over it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am alright with winter, but I love the first two beddings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We haven't had a particularly rough winter, which means that it will probably start snowing in March. I *HATE* when that happens--I've always just pulled out the tank tops and flip flops (and am usually wearing them), when we have a blizzard. Booo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've been holding steady at miserable and cold, then the other day, out pops a 65 degree day. Ohhh but it rained the entire day. Worthless.

    For some reason, I am craving Easter. The smell in the air, the beginning of warmer weather, the tulips, the Reese's PB eggs. All of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm an easterner, so our winters are usually mild. Not so this winter. Just when I think the last shred of snow will melt and I might be warm again, the weather people call for another foot of snow. Where is the warmth!?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We've been so spoiled up until this winter around here. Mr. FC & I were JUST lamenting about how it's too cold to do anything, the sun barely ever sticks around, and it's not like the mountains are getting dumped w/ snow for boarding so.....what's the point?!

    I could REALLY use a shot or two of these sunny colors, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the green one, I keep going back to it in the catalog. But I don't know if I could live with it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I.need.sunshine. Our snow finally melted but cold dreary fog took its place. I saw pictures of tulips in a magazine today and almost cried thinking about how long I have to wait to see them in the yard. Thanks for the spring inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's funny how, in the middle of winter, I suddenly LOVE that last bright bed! It's cute, and so not my style. Must be low levels of vitamin D.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This winter is horrible! As a Colorado girl I'm used to only white snow. Our snow doesn't stay around long enough to turn black from the roads. What is going on this year? I do not approve.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that green and yellow, they both are so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete