Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, January 7, 2010

House Plans for 2010

You all convinced me to continue doing goals on the blog, but I'll start that in February, give myself a little break. But I did sit down and made a list of house priorities for 2010. So here's what we're thinking for the next year of house projects:

Garage
  • Clear everything out and epoxy the floor
  • Hang bikes out of the way
  • Set up a more organized system for recycling and trash
Side Yard (because we have an alley garage, our backyard is small, but we have an inaccessible sideyard that could be useful.)
  • Put up a fence between us and our neighbors
  • Landscape (pave a path from gate to gate, sod, and make the space generally useable.)
  • Consider closed storage options
Backyard
  • Reseed dead patches
First Floor
Second Floor
  • Window treatments for the back bedroom
  • Pay some attention to the front bedroom
  • Fix faucet in guest bathroom
We'll see how we do! Finishing the basement is currently off our house plans for the duration of our life in this house - we aren't aching for the space and finished square footage isn't greatly affecting the sales prices and sales speed in our neighborhood right now. Do you have any house projects big or small that are on the list for 2010?

11 comments:

  1. We have so many house projects for this year I don't even want to list them. But the good news is that after 2010 we should have everything done except for big ticket items like kitchen and bathroom remodel, so things will become a lot calmer around here. There's a light at the end of this tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Assuming that we get a tax return, we hope to conquer the backyard this spring. We have about 3/4 of an acre, but it's all rocky, uneven, and grass-less. We need to bring in new topsoil and re-seed...but boy that's a spendy project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds manageable. I'm anxious to see if you decide on banquette seating. I think it would look great. I'd also love to epoxy our garage floor this year, but Ryan isn't sure about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see how all of these plans come to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always have house plans....it just depends on the financial landscape after taxes and a vacation. Some things I am thinking of are new kitchen appliances, finishing laundry room, kitchen drapes, and new bed and bedroom furniture. And maybe if we win the lottery the man cave in the basement and the master bath. Of course instead of fun renos our HVAC will probably go out this year (it is on it's last legs) and we will have to sink the dough into that. That is not nearly as much fun:).

    Can't wait to see what you guys do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope you decide on the banquette! It's going to be a fun year (as soon as the winter is over!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many projects for you guys this year! I can't wait to read all about them as you tackle them. We're putting most of our house stuff on hold this year in favor of other priorities. But we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only a NURSERY!!! yay!!! ok, well not JUST a nursery, I'd like to replace windows and re-do our entire guest house. Yeahhhh, we'll see how this goes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see what you do with banquette seating! No big projects on my list this year, I was able to get most of my crafts organized today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. our goal, in a nutshell, is redo many, many spaces.

    i think i like your goals better. :) i'll be following along!

    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just want our short sale to go through, so we can have a house to plan projects for!

    ReplyDelete