So we went from this (our only indoor Christmas decor this year):

Back to sparse but bright and cheerful.

As we all agreed on this post, I loved the look of our cane back chairs in the living room. But I've always promised B he has veto power if he doesn't like something. In over two years in the house, he's never vetoed anything, but when he said to me before we left for Christmas "Em, the room looks fantastic, but after Christmas, do you think Casco and I can have the big green chair back?" I had to honor the promise of veto power.

So the green chair is back and the cane chairs have been returned to their original spot in the office. And Casco (and B) are very content.

So now I'm ready for spring - shorts, Sundays on the patio, and green grass and budding flowers. If only the weather would cooperate - anyone found me that 70 - 80 degree year-round location yet?




This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCalifornia is your ticket to warmth but then you have mud slides, forrest fires.... Take your pick.
ReplyDeleteI love C - he looks so content.
Have a good week.
It's -9 degrees here and very icy in Minnesota.
aw look at how cute Casco is! I want to join him with a book.
ReplyDeleteI agree that California is the way to go for those temps, San Francisco specifically. However while there might be many new smells for Casco's nose in the city, it always breaks my heart to see dogs living on cement.
So you'd better just stay in colorful Colorado! It's better here anyway ;)
I'm a California girl and I don't think I'll ever get used to the cold. At least this year we are taking a cruise, a small break from all this freezing.
ReplyDeleteMy kids want a dog, they talk about it all the time. I don't think i can do both - dogs and babies? Hope you had a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteOur Christmas stuff went down ASAP this year too. I totally hear you with it feeling cluttered!
ReplyDeleteI am also ready for spring...but unfortunately I think we have a lot of winter left. It hasn't snowed yet this year, which usually means we're in for a "teaser spring"...and then just when you've packed away all your winter clothes, it dumps snow on us!
Hawaii. Every once in a while I look up the forecast for Kona and cry.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for spring too, but actually I'm really not minding winter. I love how sunny it is here, even when it's cold! And I can't believe soon it'll be a year since we moved here.
ReplyDeleteAlso, that picture of Casco just kills me. He is so cute! He and Montana DEFINITELY need to mee.
I love the picture of Casco! I think that needs to be framed for sure! I'm dying over the first picture combo of your tree and stockings. I think that would be the most adorable non-family photo christmas card ever!
ReplyDeleteStay warm!
well, casco is too cute not to please :)
ReplyDeleteI agree that if a husband vetoes, you must oblige. =) Everyone's gotta be happy.
ReplyDeleteI took down our Christmas stuff on the 26th. I was over it and I wanted a clean house. =) I like Christmas, but I'm usually ready for it to go back downstairs.
You are so good to honor his vetos...I normally just choose to not listen/hear my husband's vetos, maybe I need to start being better about that! They do have good ideas when you listen, sometimes...
ReplyDeleteChristmas can clutter a house, I like that you don't put up tons of stuff and keep it simple.
Ohmygosh- could he be any cuter?!
ReplyDeleteCasco looks so happy to have the chair back! I am with you on the spring thing. Bring on the warmth!
ReplyDeleteThe Casco Monster probably thinks the green chair was created just for him. Hiro thinks every soft surface in our house was bought especially for his ginormous ass. =]
ReplyDeleteYES! Bring on the happy hours on patios. I am so over this frigid winter. WTF? This is s'posed to be CO, land of sunny winters.