Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Breaking-in Summer


I'm on sort-of vacation, thus the lack of posting.  I took a few days of much needed PTO from work to start my summer off and have had only one rule: I'm not doing anything I don't want to do.

I've never had an in-town break from work that didn't involve a job change, so this is pretty relaxing.  Casco is getting long morning walks.  I've seen my BFF Emily during daylight hours.  Gotten shushed by a mean dry cleaner.  Spent time at the pool.  Taken naps.  Hung out with my mama who's also on summer break.  Worked on my tan.  Finished up a few projects.  I'm loving it.

I've also been breaking in new flip flops - and this might be my biggest accomplishment of my break so far.  My Rainbows have been on their last leg for three summers and I've worn them to their absolute last thread because nothing sounds more miserable to me than breaking in new Rainbow flip flops.  But I'm doing it - my feet and I are taking the last few days of break to wear in the new sandals knowing that the blisters and pain will result in years of the most comfortable flip flops ever.  I know, you're enthralled.

 

So that's my update.  I'll have more soon but, in the meantime, my feet and I are working on this very serious flip flop project.  The most interesting blog post you've ever read is now complete.  Breathe those sighs of relief.

11 comments:

  1. I too love Rainbows, but they are a pain in the ass to break in. I've been putting off buying a new pair just for that reason.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, breaking in flip flops is fun! I have Reefs that I wear all summer long. I think I'll get another year or two out of them and then it's back to a few weeks of blistered soles. Worth it, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? Flips flops that need breaking in? I thought that was the beauty of flips, they're automatically comfy? Of course, I've never heard of these Rainbows you speak of so I'm apparently out of the flip flop loop.

    But I'm glad this was your post. It makes my blog of mostly talking about nothing seem not so bad. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous of a much-needed break. Very jealous. And, I need to buy Rainbow flip flops. All my cheapo ones are falling apart. You've convinced me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you.hahha!!! YOur post are always so thoughful :) And so nice and kind!!! I wish you were my "real" friend and not blogger friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. enjoy it! those are the best kind of vacations - ones for no particular reason

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted about new flipflops recently too. Glad you are enjoying your break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. rainbows are awesome! I just purchased a new pair that I dread breaking in but my old ones are wearing really thin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the best shiznit I've read all week in blogworld.

    Also, Rainbows rule.

    Additionally, I am so happy that you're getting some R&R, you deserve it! (Though I really miss "seeing" you around these parts.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. now i can post my original comment that your feet look lovely for nine months prego!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wear your Rainbows in the shower and walk around in them while they dry... made my second experience with breaking in Rainbows almost painless. Much quicker, too.

    ReplyDelete