I'm so excited about this challenge! And excited to see what you all come up with. We're starting next week with Rolls and Pumpkin butter, and I'll be back on Friday with a reminder. I'll post a link party by 9pm Mountain Time on Sunday nights and you can link up that night, Monday morning or whenever you get around to the challenge for the week. Now, onto rolls.
My family buys their rolls at the grocery store for Thanksgiving. Nothing wrong with it, but I'm kind of big into my carbs After some searching, I've decided to make these rolls (without a bread machine) and this pumpkin butter.
Sweet Dinner Rolls (adapted from Allrecipes.com)
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup warm milk
1egg
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast
Mix warm water and milk. Stir in sugar until dissolved, then add yeast. In mixer or mixing bowl, add salt, butter, and egg. Add flour a little at a time. Let rise about 1 hour, punch down, divide into 16 rolls (or crescents) and let rise for another hour. Add an extra 1/4 cup butter to the tops if desired. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Pumpkin "Butter" (via the Pioneer Woman Cooks)
1 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 cup Plain, Nonfat Yogurt
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 cup Powdered Sugar
Stir all ingredients together, store in refrigerator for 5 - 6 days.
Can't wait to see how you all did on your rolls and butter next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I can't wait! I am making angel biscuits! I have to steer clear from any recipe involving yeast--my dough always turns out tough and heavy as a brick! No idea why, but bread making is just not my thing.
ReplyDeleteThat pumpkin butter sounds so yummy - we will definitely try it!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds delicious. Also, very ambitious. I am thinking that if we do our own proper Thanksgiving dinner this year, which it looks like we will, rolls will be purchased and pumpkin butter will likely not be present at all.
ReplyDeleteAt least we own a gravy boat, right?
i'm not smart enough for this! do i make it this week and post at the beginning of next week or make it next week? :)
ReplyDeleteIs it bad if I just do the exact same recipes as you? I may not have time every week, but I'm dying to try those sweet rolls and pumpkin butter. Who knew there was even such a thing as pumpkin butter?
ReplyDeleteLOL Liz - the goal is to cook this week (or for me, this weekend) and post Sunday or Monday, I'm just posting a possible recipe to use the week before so you can participate when you have time. But you can join in when you want and it's convenient for you - no commitment pressure over here!
ReplyDeleteKim - Definitely use the recipes, that's why I'm posting them the week before in case you don't have a recipe you want to use or the time to serach for one!
Ummm pumpkin butter? That sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder. I'm not sure what types I'll make...
ReplyDeleteYum! Both sound fantastic, but I definitely have to try making pumpkin butter this year!!
ReplyDeleteMe and rolls are like peas and carrots. Best buds. But I've never even considered making them from scratch before. I've never even made anything involving yeast. But I do kinda love any excuse to have a batch of rolls and butter sitting around and no guests to hog them all. ALL MINE!!
ReplyDeleteThe pumpkin butter is calling to me. I love PW. You should make her baked acorn squash with maple syrup and brown sugar. It was TO. DIE. FOR.
ReplyDelete