Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Shoesday

I'm realizing that I've written an awful lot of posts about shoes for someone who's a self proclaimed "Non-shoe person".  Moving on...Let's talk about height for a minute.  I'm 5'6". That's above average for women.  At the pediatrician they're predicting Thomas to be a tall fellow because B and I are both considered "tall".  But B is 6'2".  So my 5'6" feels shrimpy.  My sister, mom and sister-in-law each have at least two inches on me, and closest girlfriends tower over me by a good three.

So all of this is to say that although I'm considered above average in height, I'm short in my circles.  And I like flats - they're comfortable and pose less risk of me breaking my ankle than heels.  But they don't help my height cause.


Enter the Teagan Twisted Wedge from TargetI love me some Target shoes - and these aren't super chunky wedges (which I still can't get behind).  I bought them in Brown and love them.  They're as comfy as a flat but add an extra inch and a half to my frame.  They also come in red and black, but I'm partial to the brown.  It's a pretty view from 5'7" and a half.

[Just felt like I should let you know that Target does not know me or that I exist and I am in no way compensated for pushing my shoe taste on the rest of you.  Love, Me].

12 comments:

  1. Bummer that you weren't compensated. Free shoes would be a-ok. ;)

    Like the wedges. I'm usually semi-against them, but these are cute. I tend to wear flats normally and heels to work. I think I could wear these either casual or work, which is a big plus for me.

    My current search is a pair of camel-colored boots. If you find any for less than 650 dollars, could you let me know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw these last night. I LOVE the grey velvet heels too. Did you see those? I soo wanted to buy them, but their $30 price tag didn't go along with what's left in our fun money budget :( hooray for victory in not buying them, but sad bc I really liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are so cute. I do love me some heels but can't stand in most heels for 8 hrs at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoes are adorable! Great find!

    Also, you and B have the same height difference as Torsten and I do... I have two inches on you and T has two inches on B. I actually LOVE that height difference... it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the opposite problem--I'm 5'10, and not one of my friends is taller than 5'4". I feel like a giant all the time! So I feel like I'm always in flats even though I prefer heels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you - I'm about 5"7 and I love me some flats. But I wear them all the time, so I've been challenged to wear heels for 30 days. My feet are killing me now.

    Love those shoes though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! I am loving Target shoes, they just keep getting better and better. I'm pretty tall, but I also just prefer flats, but a little heel is a bit dressier! Love your little world, happy to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try to make myself stay out of the shoe section in Target because I always find something I have to have. But now I may need to go because I have been frustrated that I don't always want to wear heels but a lot of my dress pants are too long for flats....this would be the perfect compromise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was always the tallest girl in my grade, you know in the back of the class picture,then ...I don't know what happened. I'm average for female but I feel short often. However, at back-to-school night tonight I wore heels and toward over some parents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. since when was 5'6" tall??? i am 5'5" and have NEVER felt tall in my life, and I buy petite pants most of the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you shared these!! I've been on the hunt for weeks for something for the fall. They are super cute and I ordered a pair. Crossing my fingers they will fit perfectly!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought 4 pairs of shoes on target.com. I told my husband he could thank you. ;)

    ReplyDelete