- I've been drinking Green Smoothies (following Laurel's recipe to the letter only halving it for just me) every morning. They are delicious and sweet, keep me full for the first part of the day, and have really upped my veggie intake. I can already (about 2 weeks in) tell a difference in my energy and mood when I don't start the day out with a spinach smoothie. And they drive my family crazy. And they match my decor. So it's a big win. I've had to start making the full recipe because Thomas hogs my smoothie so now he gets his own - sans protein powder.
Please excuse the terrible focus and pink countertops. We're in talks about replacing the counters and this picture just pushed me over the edge.
- When I started drinking the smoothies I'd had a greasy weekend and felt grumpy, so I made a late night run to Sprouts to stock up on spinach, almond milk, flax seed, and protein powder (I make all my best decisions at about 11 pm). And for four days I ate smoothies with ice chunks because I didn't own a blender and the food processor is on it's way out. So I broke down and bought a blender - and after doing my online review research, decided on the Ninja Prep Master (on sale at Target). It's my new favorite thing. B asked me if we're going to have to eat all of our meals in liquid form. No, it also makes a mean diced chicken salad. I highly recommend this baby if you need a blender/processor and wish I'd had it when I was pureeing baby food batches a few months ago.
- These Boyfriend T-shirts from Target. They're $8, come in great colors, are long and soft and don't require a camisole underneath. I read about them on Made and haven't looked back. I bought white, gray, turquoise and lime (obv). And I'll be buying more.
- Cotton sundresses. Especially if they're made of jersey knit. And have pockets. New York and Company has a slew of them (but not online) right now.
- The pre-baby swim instructor in me made grand statements about how I would never put my baby in a float because it taught a child a false sense of bouyancy. Guess who loves his baby float? Yeah, my kid. We still spend most of our time in the water out of the float - floating, kicking, sweeping underwater, blowing bubbles, playing games and otherwise indoctrinating Thomas into life as a swimmer, but yeah. He loves this thing. And therefore so do I.
Anything you're loving that I need to know about? I'm a sucker for product recommendations (which reminds me...no one paid me to endorse these products. I just was hard up for blog material while we enter month 4 on the banquette project).







i'll have to try that smoothie recipe! looks good.
ReplyDeletei love target's summer basics. i always have 5 colors of the same tank top/shirt :)
also - pool pics are adorable! hey at least he's getting used to the water, even if it's in a float for now :)
Yep, I have two of those Mossimo t-shirts too. I like to buy them a little big and use them for working out.
ReplyDeleteI'm a HUGE fan of the green smoothie too. I start my day out with one everyday and feel SO much better. Sometimes I use kale or collard greens to switch things up. I also use yogurt instead of milk and add berries and an orange. Delicious! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the smoothie idea - have you tried adding spirulina powder? It's packed with nutrients, too.
ReplyDeleteMy BFF uses that blender and it is amazing! Glad you like the smoothies, I think they are delicious.
ReplyDeleteI have 5 of those target t-shirts. They're pretty much my every day staple. I'm glad you guys have gotten some pool time already even with the cool weather.
ReplyDeleteLaurel inspired me to add a little spinach to my morning smoothie and I'm so glad I did. Now, I just need to get some protein powder and almond milk and I'll be golden. (I usually use frozen berries and oj instead.)
ReplyDeleteOkay, and I love the boyfriend shirts, too. And, I just decided to go to NY&Co this weekend. Summer dresses are calling my name. Did you know I worked at NY&Co throughout college? I wish I still fit into all the awesome clothes I had.
I've been wanting to try green smoothies. You mentioned that they keep you full, so is this all you have for breakfast.
ReplyDeleteI love a green smoothie! But something about having to get up earlier to make it just never happens for me. Being a morning person would be so much nicer for my health!
ReplyDeleteP.S....love the pool pics!
I can't wait to hit up target. All my plain colored shirts are worn or stretched out (old navy- so can't expect more than a few years). I love summer dresses but don't know if I can handle a trip to the mall. I love that you have a water baby.
ReplyDeleteI love those Target T-shirts. I have an embarrassing amount of them. Watch their sales circulars.. the go on sale. I picked up a few for $5 each a week or so ago.
ReplyDelete