Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, October 30, 2008

CrockPot Basics

I've been slacking on my CrockPot promise to you all, but don't worry, I've got a slew of recipes coming your way in the next few weeks.


Photo from www.thekitchn.com


Today, while browsing through Apartment Therapy's Food Blog: TheKitchn.com, I found this great article on converting recipes for the slow cooker. Now, I generally assume that most recipes for soups, stews, and meats will transfer to a CrockPot well - the Chicken Braised in White Wine I made in my cute green dutch oven is a good example - but I was excited to read the tips anyway.

And, bonus, I found a few great CrockPot recipes while I was there that I can't wait to try, so stay tuned for reviews! Head on over to The Kitchn and check out all the great recipes, you'll be salivating in no time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping that you will inspire me to use my crockpot more, I feel like I "know" how great it is, but haven't fully unleashed it's power! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the recipes coming. I made the turkey pinwheels for a spa party I had last weekend and they were a hit!

    ReplyDelete